Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Xena



I have a close friend that is my rock when the axis of my world tilts. We've been friends for years, and share that type of bond that we know we can say anything to each other, no matter how sad or mean or twisted, and we "get" it. There's not any judging whatsoever-sure sometimes there's the gentle (or not so gentle) prompt to really stop and think about our actions, but basically we have each other's backs.

One thing I've soaked up from her is that inside me, and inside all women, there is Xena-Warrior Princess ready to jump up and show us that we CAN make it on our own, that truly we are perfect just like we are this moment. We might cry ourselves to sleep tonight, but by God tomorrow morning we're back up on that horse and riding hell bent for leather again.
She just walked through some serious fire-the same fire I'm facing soon. I love her for going first, even when she didn't want to. I love her for showing me that the sun always rises, no matter what else happens. I love her for showing me that I'm more than what and who I thought I was.

So chica, this picture is all about you.

Tuesday January 9, 2007 - 06:11pm (EST)

No comments: