Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Come See the Softer Side of Keriann



I have something to confess-my new favorite movie is Nanny McPhee. I'm not usually a girl that watches childrens' movies, and even as a child I never really watched cartoons, but this movie has me captivated.



The E was throwing a fit last night, and I mean a first class meltdown in the living room. I was desperate to distract him with anything but a cartoon, since there are only so many times I can here the Spongebob Squarepants song in my lifetime before I need shock treatments. As soon as he saw Emma Thompson with grey hair and warts, he was hooked like a trout and frankly, so was I.



First things first-you can never go wrong with me if you cast Colin Firth in any role in your movie. The man himself is adorable, even if he is on the thin side (I tend to be into BHMs) and his characters he plays are always either a brooding, dark and difficult to reach man or a lovable doofus. As a grown woman, those are both the types of men I'm insanely attracted to.



Emma Thompson is amazing in this picture-she wrote the screenplay and also plays the title character. She has a fantastic transformation throughout the film and the ending is a guaranteed mascara runner for a happy ending lover like myself.



After The E gave it up and went to sleep last night, I watched the movie again. Twice. And I cried at the end each time. I don't want to give anything away, but the scenes are visually gorgeous and Emma T gives such a quiet performance you really appreciate her nuances as an actor.



OK-so, go watch it and we'll talk afterward....

No comments: